Spam is one of the biggest annoyances brought for by the Internet. Contrasted by the difficulties it gives once a user has been saddled with a spamflood, it is very easy to get them in droves. All one
needs is an email address posted in public, perhaps in a message board or a website, and within 24 hours spam spiders will be able to find his email and add it to a massive list of spam receivers. Thankfully, there are free Spam protection softwares available to help combat this annoyance, one of the best right now is called Spamdel.
Spamdel - unlike other anti-spam software that needs to be installed on your PC or incorporated into your email program - operates exclusively from the server so it does not need to be downloaded in the computer. This not only saves you some hard disk space but also makes it very easy to use as you do not have to bother with messy and time consuming local installations. The user will be able to view the body of the email message from the server. From the server, the user is able to choose to delete the emails that are not legitimate then afterwards the email client of the user will download the necessary emails. This is very helpful for users with slow internet connections, as they will not download hundreds of megabytes of spam, saving time aside from the money that was already saved due to Spamdel's freeware status.
Other functions of the Spamdel freeware spam protection include:
1. One of its main functions is to prevent emails that are malicious to not be downloaded in the computer.
2. It works with several kinds of Internet connection specifically Dial-up server and ISDN/Cable.
3. It still displays the host mail even if the computer is not connected to the Internet.
4. Tray icons and notifications are visible for the user to determine the mail status.
5. The software checks the users email immediately once the computer is connected to the Internet. Then the checking is done in regular intervals afterwards.
6. It is effectively used with Outlook and Outlook Express.
7. An incoming email is immediately categorized in different spam types and the user is notified about it.
The Spamdel freeware spam protection software is being used by several Internet service providers. It is very effective in categorizing the incoming emails into spam or not. It is a small program but very effective and it is easily downloaded and installed.
The Spamdel developer also provides support to its clients to answer questions and technical issues. Updates are also offered for free to keep the software up to date.
If you are using your computer to go online, then you know how disturbing email spams and computer viruses are and no one can brose safely these days without proper protection.
Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com
15 January 2009 Hardware Tips